The main novelty of the week – the fantastic action game “ Hellboy ” – helped out $ 12 million on the first weekend and started from third place, losing not only to the second-week “Shazam! “But also the comedy” Melkaya “, whose starting point was $ 15.5 million. It is difficult to fight negative criticism. However, the audience rating of the picture is much higher than the ratings given by professional reviewers.
The leader of the weekend lost the standard 53% compared to last week and saved $ 25.1 million. The “ Pet Cemetery ” dropped a little more steeply – almost 60%, and the fees were $ 10 million.
Animation ” Lost Link ” began with the ninth place and revenues of $ 5.8 million, earning a modest $ 1.7 thousand per copy.
Preliminary data on the top 10 American box office for the period from 12 to 14 April 2019 look like this:
- Shazam! – $ 25.1 million (second week)
- Small – $ 15.5 million (first week)
- Hellboy – $ 12.1 million (first week)
- Pet Cemetery – $ 10 million (second week)
- Dumbo – $ 9.2 million (third week)
- Captain Marvel – $ 8.6 million (sixth week)
- We are $ 6.9 million (fourth week)
- After – $ 6.2 million (first week)
- Lost Link – $ 5.8 million (first week)
- Best enemies – $ 2 million (second week)
This week in cinemas of the USA will be released the drama “ Breakthrough ”, a documentary about penguins and the horror “ The Curse of the Weeping. Hire takes a breather and prepares for the start of the last ” Avengers “.